- Varian 2000 FT-IR spectrometer (Scimitar Series) with broad-band MCT detector (spectral range: 4000-550 cm-1)
- SPECAC single reflection ‘Golden Gate’ ATR accessory unit with diamond ATR element (active surface area 600 x 600 µm)
- Home-made sample holder for temperature-controlled measurements (10 – 50°C)
The ATR accessory allows fast and reliable investigation of small amount of solid or liquid samples with high sensitivity without any sample preparation. Beside routine analytical spectroscopic investigations, we perform basic research to reveal the molecular level interactions within various systems (nanocarrier/active agent, membrane model/active component). Moreover, our group was pioneer in introducing ATR FT-IR technique for intact characterization of extracellular vesicles.
- calculated ‘spectroscopic protein-to-lipid’ ratio value is a useful index number for different extracellular vesicle subpopulations
- careful ATR FT-IR measurement and data evaluation protocols can provide an easy-to-use reagent-free protein quantification of extracellular vesicles