Immediate start is possible, or as agreed with the successful applicant.
The Biomolecular self-assembly “Momentum” research group is looking for a post-doctoral fellow to conduct primarily experimental work characterizing biomolecule-lipid interactions using complex, multicomponent model membranes, as well as natural extracellular vesicles. The candidate is expected to study these systems and their membrane associated components by employing several biophysical techniques.
RCNS is a new, yet highly competitive research center aiming to be one of the leading institutes in natural sciences. The Centre provides a stimulating environment due to a wide range of researches with a significant number of them conducting BSc, MSc, PhD or Post-Doc programs. The Biological Soft Matter Platform is located at the Institute of Materials Chemistry, where the applicant will have access to a state of the art infrastructure including ATR-IR, UV spectroscopy, polarized light spectrometers, ITC calorimeter, custom made small- and wide angle X-ray (SAXS and WAXS) scattering, AFM, DSC, DLS, and transmission electron microscopy combined with a freeze-fracture device (FF-TEM). The group is closely collaborating with experts of the field from the Institute of Enzymology, and Semmelweis University where access to a wide range of further techniques is granted. The Biological Soft Matter Platform coordinates several major Academy-Industry programs focusing on EVs, exosomes and membrane active biomolecules, where the successful candidate will have the possibility to spend secondments and gain experience in the private sector as well.
For further information, please visit ttk.mta.hu or bionano.ttk.mta.hu .
- MSc in chemistry, physics, biology or in biomedical sciences
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written in English
- Experience in the above biophysical techniques, as well as liposome preparation and/or purification protocolls employed for extracellular vesicles
- Experience in structural chemistry and biology, focusing on peptide-lipid, protein-lipid interactions
- Ability to work in a group, as well as independently
- detailed scientific curriculum vitae
- motivation letter
- two letters of recommendation, one from the MSc Supervisor
- contact data (phone, e-mail)
Continuous processing, latest May 15., 2017